Eco Hub : our eco-friendly spirit
STARS’N’BARS is committed to preserving our planet’s precious environment and supports the goals of the HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation to “promote the sustainable and equitable management of natural resources and place the individual at the center of its projects.”
In 2016 Kate and Didier launched a dynamic community ECOHUB with activities to boost well being and to learn about our planet as well as offering new diverse food choices .
Already famous for its celebrity sports collection, STARSNBARS plans to use its spacious and premium location on the port to create an annual calendar of nonstop and diverse public and private events including eco-workshops, conferences on social and environmental issues, food fairs , family street parties, sports competitions and other community events. Plans for the new concept also include partnerships with eco-entrepreneurs who will use showcase new technologies in the form of on-site expositions or animations for the public
This development will take place over the next 12 months although key elements are already in place. These include :
- a diversified menu of homemade dishes with ingredients that are increasingly organic, vegan, non-gluten and locally sourced
- measures to reduce water and energy consumption, to recycle and reduce waste, to use energy-efficient transport,
- a digital menu by BOOKVIDEO
- monthly workshops on nutrition and well being
- eco-workshops for children on recycling and protecting the planet
- Monacology Week and Ecology Village
- the first Monaco-based vegetable garden to serve a restaurant
Thanks to EGEO, an innovative program offered by SMEG, 100% of the electricity used by STARSNBARS is already provided by renewable energy sources.